2011 Spring Concert
Hot off the 2011 Winter Tour through Southeastern United States, our spring gala concert will be held 7:30 pm, April 4, 2011 at the Manship Theatre in the Shaw Center for the Arts in Baton Rouge [map]. Tickets are $18 ($10 students) and can be purchased here.
With repertoire spanning percussive laptop music, improvisational iPad remixing, joystick ragas, wiiMote ensemble, and live social media mashups, the orchestra will have something to pique everyone’s interest.
Join the LOL Facebook fan page to be sure you get up to date concert information.
Performance with LSU Symphonic Winds – March 1, 2011, 7:30 PM, Union Theater
The Laptop Orchestra of Louisiana will be guest artists with the LSU Symphonic Winds, conducted by Eric Melley. The LOLs will perform CliX, by Ge Wang, and will be featured in a performance of Symphonic Gua, where the ensemble will capture samples from the concert’s previous piece and improvise a “response” piece based on those samples. Tickets are available for purchase here.
2011 Winter Tour
The LOLs performed on a four-city tour during the last week of January 2011. Performances and lectures were in Mobile, AL, Atlanta, Athens and Columbus, GA. The concert schedule was as follows:
- Tuesday, January 25, 2011 – University of South Alabama (Mobile, AL) –Recital Hall of the Laidlaw Performing Arts Center, 7:30 PM [map]
- Wednesday, January 26, 2011 – Georgia State University (Atlanta, GA) – Kopleff Recital Hall, 7:30 PM [map]
- Thursday, January 27, 2011 – Columbus State University (Columbus, GA) – River Center for the Performing Arts Studio Theater, 7:30 PM [map]
- Friday, January 28, 2011 – University of Georgia (Athens, GA) – Dancz Hall, 6:30 PM [map]
Other previous performances
- April 14, 2010 – Debut Performance, Shaver Theatre, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
- March 2, 2010 – Preview Performance, Recital Hall, Southeastern Louisiana University, Baton Rouge, LA
- December 2, 2009 – Open Ears Series, Blue Nile, New Orleans, LA